About Us / Contact Us
The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through education, advocacy and research. For more than 100 years, we have led the fight for healthy lungs and healthy air, whether it’s searching for cures to lung diseases, keeping kids off tobacco, or fighting for laws that protect the air we all breathe.
Our Mission: To save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease.
Below are a few of the accomplishments reached by our Central Florida office throughout the past year:
- 18 Better Breathers Clubs offers the opportunity to learn ways to better cope with COPD, Asthma, and other lung diseases, while receiving the support of others who share similar struggles.
- 1,800 calls were taken by the Lung HelpLine to address people’s questions about lung health and lung disease.
- 23 students attended Camp Boggy Creek Asthma Camp, providing children with lung disease, a beyond the illness, nurturing camp experience.
- 50 people are served by the Lung Cancer Support Group
- Thousands of dollars raised for lung cancer and lung disease research
- Implemented the LUNG FORCE movement, which LUNG FORCE unites women and their loved ones across the country to stand together in the fight against lung cancer
- Implemented the SavedByTheScan.org initiative to increase early detection, lung cancer screenings